Friday 19 August 2016

Puzzle Pieces

I used to think that life was like a jigsaw puzzle. Find the piece that fits and place it down to connect it to the other pieces which makes up your life. But then when all pieces have been placed what happens then? Does your life cease to develop and somehow were supposed to be content that this is it, this is what I have and everything I am made up of.
That puzzle that is filled with everything you think you are begin to become lost as you develop it further. Each piece gets lost in a blur as you fill the rest of it. Piece after pieces being lost in this one big thing that is supposed to mean everything, your whole life, in one big image.

I don't want that, I don't want to frantically search for a piece that doesn't really fit and pretend that it looks perfect when I know it's not.

My puzzle pieces are going to stay just as that a piece that I will admire as its own. I can love each thing without having it place as a whole things. People can love more than just one thing. We can devote ourselves into a huge complex of irrational things, just because they matter to us, because we take pride and joy in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment